Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mommyisms (and Other Things I Never Thought I'd Say Until I Became a Mom)

More Mommyisms (Generic "Mom" Things I Catch Myself Saying):

"Someone's going to get hurt..."

"I can't understand you when you're crying."

"Just because ___________ does something doesn't mean you should."

"Pick it up before the dog gets it!"  

"Well, I told you not to ____________ ."

"But I just gave you a new one." (Band Aid)

"Yuck! Stop drinking the bath water."

"What do you say?" (please, thank you)

"Eat over your plate, please."


... and Other Things I Never Thought I'd Say (Until I Became a Mom):

"NO! We don't ride the dog!" (11/19/11) -- said to Logan

"Eat your taco. Don't drum with it." (4/11/12) -- said to Logan

"We don't use our rugs as toilet paper." (4/25/12) -- said to Mia

"Don't put your cheese in the boat." (5/3/12) -- said to Logan

"Get off your sister and come eat lunch." (5/7/12) -- said to Logan

"Please don't wipe your nose on the ottoman." (6/10/12) -- said to Logan

"Don't put your spoon in your diaper." (6/25/12) -- said to Logan

"Can you please not drive the car on my face?" (6/29/12) -- said to Logan


Do as I Say:

It also turns out that I have a few catch phrases that I say particularly often since I hear the kids repeating them back to me and to each other.

"Oh my gosh!"

"What's going on here?" 

"Sorry. I'll try to keep it in the tub." ~ Mia (6/29/12)


"Me making bad choice." ~ Logan (7/2/12)


No comments:

Post a Comment