Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorable Moments from May

May 5, 2011
While running into the backyard:
Mia: "Wow! A whole field of dandelions!"
Proof that everything is a matter of perspective.

May 11, 2011
Logan dropped the dog's ceramic food dish on my bare foot. After a trip to Urgent Care and some x-rays, it was determined to not be broken, thankfully. (Of course, it felt like it was!) And that is why the dog now eats from a plastic dish.

May 12, 2011
After discovering that she had been into my makeup... and smeared some on her face as well as all over in the bathroom sink, Mia explained, "I decided to decorate my face!"

May 13, 2011
Logan discovered how to unsnap his diapers, much to my dismay. 

May 19, 2011
In the car...
Mia: "We will probably see some excavators."
Me: "Oh? Where will we see excavators?"
Mia: "Probably at some 'struction sites."

May 21, 2011
"I found a bug, which is my favorite, and I killed it."

May 24, 2011
Mia: "Mommy, I made a mess in my chair." (after eating a hot dog for lunch)
Me: "Yes, your face is messy, too." (noting the ketchup)
Mia: "I just dived into that bread!"

May 24, 2011
Logan had a cold and refused to let me wipe his nose, so I offered him the tissue and said he could do it himself. He instead gave it to Mia, who wiped his nose for him. And everyone was happy.

May 25, 2011
Brett: "You're up early."
Mia: "That's because my curtain was leaking a little daytime and I decided to get up!"

May 25, 2011
After bath time, Mia was riding her stick pony around the living room, buck naked. I may be in for trouble with this one...

May 26, 2011
While quizzing her about safety:
Me: "Do you know what matches are?"
Mia: "Patterns!"
You have to admit it's a good answer, even though it's not the one I was looking for.

May 26, 2011
While picking up toys in the basement:
Mia: "When will we be done cleaning?"
Me: "When we can see the floor."
Mia: "I can see the floor!"
Me: "I mean all of the floor."

May 30, 2011
Mia: "Hey, Daddy, I was pretending I was brushing my teeth with frosting!" (said while eating a doughnut)

No comments:

Post a Comment