Friday, March 25, 2011

Don't Ask Me Why...

New this week:
  • Logan may be attempting some new animal sounds. He started saying "woof woof" on March 3rd, and now I think I have heard "moo," "meow," and "neigh." (cute and exciting!) 
  • Logan is giving sloppy, open-mouthed kisses. (cute)
  • Logan gives high fives. (very cute!)
  • Mia went bowling for the first time and scored 97! (She had a ramp and bumpers, but still I thought this was pretty good.)
  • Logan figured out how to walk downstairs on his own holding onto the railing. (amazing, but kind of scary!)
  • Brett and I are married again, according to him. He picked up his new ring on Wednesday. Apparently those few weeks when he was without a wedding band (because he lost his original one after nearly 10 years of marriage) don't count.  (hahaha - not!)

Not so new this week:
  • Logan keeps putting Mr. Potato Head parts into his ears! I don't know why he does it. He may just think it's funny, perhaps because *someone* may have laughed the first time and told him that he was silly. He may realize that Mr. Potato Head's ears, nose, mouth, etc. fit into holes and that he happens to have a couple of holes right there on the sides of his head. It's also possible that his ears are really bothering him since he's recovering from a double ear infection. And in case you're wondering, the Mr. Potato Head parts are sitting on the kitchen counter right now until I find a "safe" place for them... (cute at first, but now not so cute)
  • People keep asking where Logan's blond hair comes from. (I am getting really tired of this one. I am not an expert in this area, but I believe it's called genetics.) I normally respond by saying that both Brett and I had much lighter hair when we were younger, and sometimes I mention Logan's Swedish ancestry, which my dad is so proud of. But seriously, where do people think we got our blond child from? It's not like I picked him up at Walmart, and certainly nobody asked me what I would like my kids to look like, as if they could be made to order. I believe that is God's domain!
  • People continue to comment on how thin I am getting. (Yes, I know I've lost weight; that's why I have such a hard time shopping for jeans. It's called nursing. I highly recommend it! Also, in case you didn't notice the two short people calling me "Mama," I am the mother of a 4 year old and an 18 month old a.k.a. "the ones who keep stealing food from my plate.") See also: genetics

No comments:

Post a Comment