Monday, October 4, 2010

Testing...Testing...1,2,3

I have had one of those seriously trying days today, and fortunately, they are rare. I swear that Mia was constantly testing me to see what she could get away with. She knows that I am going to count to three. Usually she stops the behavior somewhere "2" and "3" (stinker, I know), but today was one of those days when I got all the way to "3" and she ended up in time out, kicking and screaming, of course. Now repeat this about a half dozen times (maybe more) and you'll get the idea of how it went. (A typical day for her is no more than two time outs, so this was an off day.) The most frustrating part was that she was always doing something mean to Logan, which landed her in time out. Of course it doesn't help that the house looks like it could be declared a national disaster area, courtesy of Hurricane Mia and Tropical Storm Logan. Add a demanding dog who kept barking at me and then running away and you get one cranky mama. It took both Tylenol and ibuprofen to get rid of my headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment