Friday, June 4, 2010

Just Getting Started...

My first blog post:
It feels like trying to do a homework assignment when you don't really understand the directions (but you don't want to ask for help because you don't want anyone to know you don't have a clue what you're doing). Please bear with me while I am learning!

Why I feel compelled to try it out:
1) I'm on the computer all the time, anyway.
2) Trying new things is good, right?
3) As I told my husband last night, if I want to write, I need to start writing!

So Let's Begin...
Life as a stay at home mom of two kids (and a dog) has been a big adjustment for me, but as I am starting to get my bearings, I feel more and more often that I need something else to give me a sense of identity. Yes, I will respond to "Mia's Mom" or "Logan's Mom," but somewhere in the shuffle I have forgotten who "Meg" is (assuming I knew who she was in the first place!) This is my attempt to figure it out, and apparently you have chosen to come along for the ride. (I am not sure why, but that is your decision.)
As I have just had a birthday, and am now a mature 31, I feel it is time for me to start feeling more comfortable expressing my opinion (and I am discovering that I have lots of them, although they have usually been suppressed in my efforts to please everyone else). I know that is a lot to digest. It is for me, too. I have spent my whole life being a pleaser. Now, I am hoping to start living for myself a bit. Not a small undertaking, mind you, since I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old competing for highest priority in my life (and a husband, dog, and house to keep up with).

It should come as no surprise to anyone that I just had my train of though interrupted. However, it is with very good cause. Mia just hollered to tell me that she had pooped in the potty! Fingers crossed that she has overcome her HUGE fear of doing this... anyway, she is happily playing in her room now with her "new" My Little Pony castle (a brilliant garage sale purchase, if I say so myself). Well, I should probably get my shower now since she is playing and the baby is sleeping. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment